Professional Transmission Service in Torrance, CA
Torrance Transmission Service in Torrance, CA has been in the business of rebuilding or repairing transmissions since 1976. The residents of the Greater South Bay can trust their transmission repair needs to our team of highly skilled technicians. Hassle-free service with honesty and integrity, without the high prices of dealerships. You can’t go wrong when you bring your car into our shop for transmission service and more.
DiagnosticsHave you noticed late shifting gears or your transmission slipping? We can perform electronic diagnostics and tests on your vehicle to pinpoint the problem.
We will break down, clean, service, repair and re-assemble your car’s transmission to help get you back on the road again as quickly as possible.
There is an alternative to buying a brand new transmission. We offer remanufactured transmissions. Our transmissions are warrantied so you can rest assured your part is covered.
Our expert team can quickly diagnose and repair any parts from clutch plates to flywheels. We have been in business since 1976 and transmission service is our specialty.
What Causes Transmission Problems?
Time, heat and usage are the top contributors to problems with a transmission. These are very common to everyday use of a vehicle and can lead to big repair bills. Fortunately, regular maintenance is the best way to avoid expensive transmission repairs. Another way to avoid expensive transmission issues is to take your vehicle to an experienced technician as soon as it starts showing signs of problems. Do not wait for the problem to get worse.
How Often Should I Check My Transmission Fluid?
Each manufacturer has different recommended check and service intervals for transmissions. To find yours, check your vehicle’s user manual. If you do not have the manual, you can look it up online using your vehicle’s make and model. You can also contact us at (310) 299-7388 if you have questions about servicing your transmission.
Is My Transmission Leaking?
Wondering why your garage floor has stains on it? You may have a transmission fluid leak. Your car, truck or SUV can contain many gallons worth of liquids. Determining which fluid your vehicle is leaking could be critical in getting it fixed. Most transmission fluid is a pinkish or reddish color. If the stain on the ground is that color, you probably have a transmission leak. Another way to tell is by looking under your vehicle, locating the transmission and seeing if fluid is dripping.
Remember, discovering your transmission is leaking is different than knowing where that leak is coming from. A gasket, hose or torque converter seal could have issues. Unless you have some experience with auto repair, you should let a transmission tech determine the leak’s source and come up with a remedy.
Here are a few possible warning signs that your transmission needs repairs:
- Burning Smell – If you notice a burning smell, get your vehicle to the repair shop right away.
- Noise in Neutral – Are you hearing strange noises when you shift the vehicle into neutral? This is another sign of poor transmission health.
- Transmission Fluid Leaks – Keep an eye out for pinkish stains on your garage floor.
- Difficulty Changing or Maintaining Gears – If your vehicle’s engine seems to hang while shifting, or your revs spike without warning, you may have a serious transmission issue. See if you can have your vehicle towed for repairs. Some transmission issues might make your vehicle too dangerous to drive.
- Strange Sounds – Grinding sounds, humming, whining or clunking could be another warning sign of transmission issues. Strange sounds are an indicator of poor car health in general. Always get strange sounds checked out.
- The Transmission Does Not Respond – If you attempt to shift your vehicle and nothing happens, it is definitely time to get an inspection.
If you are looking to install a new transmission instead of buying a new vehicle, we’re ATRA members and can offer a new transmission backed by a nationwide warranty.
- Monday-Friday: 8:00am-5:00pm
- Saturdays: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Saturdays by Appointment Only
- Sunday: Closed
Eric is VERY honest! He worked on both of my cars and I was very happy with ALL his work. I would definitely recommend his services to anyone who needs engine work or transmission repair.